Separate Privacy Policies apply to information that we collect outside of this website, including our other websites and any of our software applications.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following types of personal information from users of our website:
· Online Forms: When you complete and submit an online form with your personal information, we collect that information for the purposes described in the online form. For example, we currently administer a “Epsy Registration Survey” form which allows you to submit the following information for the purposes of being considered for participation in market research or product testing on whether our products and services can help patients with epilepsy manage their condition: name, state, zip code, email address and phone number.
· Usage Information: When you visit our website, LivaNova automatically collects the following information during your use and navigation of our website:
o Your IP address;
o The type of web browser software you use (for example: Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.);
o The name of the domain from which you access the internet;
o The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site;
o The date and time you accessed our site;
o The pages you visited on our site; and
o Aggregate information about your use of our website.
· Other Information You Actively Submit: You may voluntarily provide us with additional information about yourself, such as by email, over the phone, or in-person. For example, if you submit a “Join Early Access” form and receive a phone call from us, we may collect the information you provide during your conversation with us, including your health information, history with epilepsy, family circumstances and home address.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information as follows:
· Determining Your Eligibility to Participate in Market Research or Product Testing: If you submit an online form, we use the personal information you provide for the purposes outlined in that form. In particular, if you submit a “Epsy Registration Survey” form, we will use your state and zip code to evaluate your eligibility to participate in market research or product testing, and your name and contact information to schedule time to talk about your health and history with epilepsy. We use any information you provide in your correspondence and conversations with us to decide whether to invite you to participate in market research or product testing, answer your questions about the market research or product testing, and onboard you to the study if you accept an offer to participate.
· Maintain our Website: We use users’ Usage Information to provide, monitor, secure, customize and optimize our website, and provide users with technical assistance if required.
· Marketing Communications: As permitted by applicable law, including with your consent where required, we may use your contact information to provide you with marketing communications, promotional offers and updates on new products and services, which you may unsubscribe from by contacting us or following the instructions in the communication.
We also use your personal information for the following purposes, as permitted by applicable law:
· To perform activities necessary to ensure compliance with applicable national, state and other applicable laws, and to respond to requests from government authorities; and
· To protect the legal interests of LivaNova or other third parties, such as in the event of a complaint or dispute.
In the event that LivaNova, or some or all of its assets are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control, we may transfer some or all of the personal information that we have collected about you to another organization as part of that transaction. If we intend to transfer your personal information in connection with such a transaction, we may proceed with notice to you, grant you an opportunity to object, or seek your consent, as permitted or required by applicable law.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE DISCLOSE?
LivaNova will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except in the following circumstances and in accordance with applicable law:
· With your consent;
· To our service providers, who act on our behalf and instructions to provide IT support and security services;
· To our business partners and corporate affiliates, for the purposes of helping us administer our research studies and develop and improve our and their products and services;
· As required by applicable law, including, without limitation, in response to any government or regulatory agency request, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, or upon receipt of any court order;
· To a prospective or actual purchase or seller in the context of a merger, acquisition or other reorganization or sale of LivaNova’s business or assets;
· To courts and public authorities to protect you, LivaNova or third parties from harm, including fraud or instances where somebody’s physical safety is at risk.
We, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, put small files (known as cookies) onto your computer to collect information about how you interact with our website. Cookies are used on our website for a variety of purposes, including to:
· Ensure that our website functions properly;
· Collect aggregate data about users of website and how they interact with our website so that we can make decisions about how to improve its design;
· Gather insights about our users to issue personalized content and advertising on our and other websites.
You can delete, restrict and block cookies from being set on your device via the settings of your browser. To do so, please refer to the Help function within your browser, or you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org, which contains information on how to disable cookies on a wide variety of desktop browsers. Our website currently does not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
5. CONTACT US
LivaNova’s registered office is at 100 Cyberonics Boulevard, Houston, Texas, USA 77058.