Senior Backend Engineer (3)
Epsy is a leading digital health platform, on a mission to accelerate the path to optimal treatment for everyone living with epilepsy. Winner of 2020 Google Material Design Awards, 2021 CES Innovation Awards and honored by the 2021 Webby Awards, , Epsy is focused on incorporating the latest technologies and state-of-the-art data analysis into user-centric experiences, ultimately making life with epilepsy brighter for patients, their caregivers and healthcare professionals.
We’re searching for a Backend Engineer to help us reach our ambitious goals. Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering you will work as a member of the team at every stage of software development life cycle: designing solutions, writing and testing application code and finally managing the deployment (with automated pipeline). You'll provide input and influence discussions around best practices and new technologies, helping us to develop an effective basis for future developments.
As a Backend Engineer at Epsy, you will work on:
- Modern microservice architecture fully build on AWS stack with dozens of components like EventBridge, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Cognito, Amplify and AppSync etc.
- Data pipeline for gathering and processing high volume of the data collected from global network of IoT sensors – including customer electronics
- Machine Learning platform implementation, build together with our Data Science engineers
- Global infrastructure managed with terraform and CloudFormation
- High performance internal and external APIs build with Serverless, Flask and Amplify frameworks
- Research and innovation during your day to day work, sharing your knowledge
We're looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years of Python experience, building API powered solutions
- Good understanding of microservice architecture
- Experience with at least few common Python frameworks and libraries (flask, pyramid, bottle, celery, tornado, pandas...)
- Familiarity with API gateways, configuration, rate limiting
- Experience with client-server architecture using REST and GraphQL protocols
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (DynamoDB,PostgreSQL)
- Building, testing and deploying applications using Docker container on AWS ECS platform
- Building and deploying cloud native solution with AWS using SQS,SNS, EventBridge, Kinesis, API Gateway, Cognito just to name a few
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery(CI/CD) tools and systems (ideally if you can participate in continuous improvement of our delivery pipeline)
If you would like to see what we use to power our platform, please visit: https://stackshare.io/epsy-health/epsy-health
Why work at Epsy?
We operate as an independent startup within a large corporate, the LivaNova group. This gives us unique advantages: we move fast and drive growth, while benefiting from the corporate umbrella for excellent funding and resources. Epsy Health is headquartered in London (UK) and Houston (Texas, USA), and our team has fully embraced remote work for the long-term.
We’re a team of designers, app developers, product managers, marketers, customer success managers and data analysts. We pride ourselves on our all-team collaborative approach and actively encourage learning, whether it be in your specialty or simply an area you might like to know more about (examples include talks about hedge fund management and wine!). If you are looking to develop in a supportive team who actively strives to better the lives of millions of people, then Epsy is the place for you. Read more about us here.
Here's what you can expect:
- Flexible work from home arrangements
- Pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance/eye care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): core resources available with additional access to discounted merchandise and a Wellbeing Assessment
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Gym membership
- Company shares purchase program
- Long Service – extra day off for each year of service
- MacBook Pro and software you need to work effectively
- Supportive senior leadership and enthusiastic atmosphere throughout the company
- Opportunities to shine with our various collaborative team meetings
- Lots of fun virtual events like pizza-making and wine tasting
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
LivaNova values equality and celebrates diversity. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, transparent and free from unlawful discrimination.
Our selection process is driven by the key demands/requirements for the role rather than bias or discrimination on the basis of a candidate’s sex, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability/handicap or medical condition, family status, sexual orientation, religion, color, ethnicity, race or any other legally protected classification.
Background Checks at LivaNova:
Upon successful completion of the hiring process an offer may be extended. Please note, LivaNova reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all its potential employees, where permitted by local legislation. This offer therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, and can be rescinded, where permitted by local legislation, based upon data received in the background check and/or refusal to cooperate with or any attempt to affect the results of this check. This process is not currently valid in Germany.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.