Epsy is a leading digital health platform, on a mission to accelerate the path to optimal treatment for everyone living with epilepsy. Winner of Google Material Design Awards 2020 and CES Innovation Awards 2021, Epsy is focused on incorporating the latest technologies and state-of-the-art data analysis into user-centric experiences, ultimately making life with epilepsy brighter for patients, their caregivers and healthcare professionals.
We’re searching for an Android Engineer to help us reach our ambitious goals. Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering you will work as a member of the team at every stage of software development life cycle: designing solutions, writing and testing application code and finally managing the deployment (with automated pipeline). You'll provide input and influence discussions around best practices and new technologies, helping us to develop an effective basis for future developments.
As an Android Engineer at Epsy, you will work on:
- Our Android application created with modern material design
- Data pipeline for gathering and processing high volume of data collected from the users devices
- Machine learning implementation on user devices
We're looking for candidates who have:
- Deep understanding of modern Android development in an agile environment
- Familiarity with RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to translate business and product goals into technical implementations
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
If you would like to see what we use to power our platform, please visit: https://stackshare.io/epsy-health/epsy-health
It would be extra nice if you have:
- AWS Amplify framework (Cognito Authentication, AppSync)
- Wear OS and smartwatches development
- Experience with automated end-to-end, frontend testing
Why work at Epsy?
We operate as an independent startup within a large corporate, the LivaNova group. This gives us unique advantages: we move fast and drive growth, while benefiting from the corporate umbrella for excellent funding and resources. Epsy Health is headquartered in London (UK) and Houston (Texas, USA), and our team has fully embraced remote work for the long-term.
We’re a team of designers, app developers, product managers, marketers, customer success managers and data analysts. We pride ourselves on our all-team collaborative approach and actively encourage learning, whether it be in your specialty or simply an area you might like to know more about (examples include talks about hedge fund management and wine!). If you are looking to develop in a supportive team who actively strives to better the lives of millions of people, then Epsy is the place for you. Read more about us here.
Here's what you can expect:
- Flexible work from home arrangements
- Pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance/eye care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): core resources available with additional access to discounted merchandise and a Wellbeing Assessment
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Gym membership
- Company shares purchase program
- Long Service – extra day off for each year of service
- MacBook Pro and software you need to work effectively
- Supportive senior leadership and enthusiastic atmosphere throughout the company
- Opportunities to shine with our various collaborative team meetings
- Lots of fun virtual events like pizza-making and wine tasting
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
LivaNova values equality and celebrates diversity. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, transparent and free from unlawful discrimination.
Our selection process is driven by the key demands/requirements for the role rather than bias or discrimination on the basis of a candidate’s sex, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability/handicap or medical condition, family status, sexual orientation, religion, color, ethnicity, race or any other legally protected classification.
Background Checks at LivaNova:
Upon successful completion of the hiring process an offer may be extended. Please note, LivaNova reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all its potential employees, where permitted by local legislation. This offer therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, and can be rescinded, where permitted by local legislation, based upon data received in the background check and/or refusal to cooperate with or any attempt to affect the results of this check. This process is not currently valid in Germany.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.